April 15, 2017 – Learn how the logging and railroad operations changed the community forever. Hear music from the early 1900’s. Eat food cooked like our forefathers would have prepared. Hear stories from the loggers. Watch the logging competition to be held at the Townsend Visitors Center. The University of Tennessee Forestry Department and other southern schools, colleges, universities will be seeing who can chop, saw, and run a log the best!
- Come see how much fun a winter weekend can be! Call us now for reservations.
- Plan your trip to the Smokies today! Enjoy our complimentary continental breakfast to get your day started. CALL NOW. We do have some vacancies.
- Ask about our REFERRAL CLUB and find out how to get your FREE NIGHT! Be sure to sign up for our Newsletters!
- Later when spring comes, explore the nearby attractions that include Tuckaleechee Caverns, fishing in Little River, hiking on the many trails in the National Park, golfing at Laurel Valley Country Club here in Townsend, or at one of the many other golf courses in the Blount County area. If bicycling is your passion, you can ride the bike trail in Townsend the full 9.6 miles as many times as you want and also access many of the back roads that are perfect for cycling. Horseback riding is a popular activity in the Smoky Mountains area and there are a couple of horse riding stables available in Townsend. Come visit and ride the trails.
- If shopping is your “thing” you can shop till you drop in the craft stores here or the Outlet Malls in Pigeon Forge. Check out our Area Activities page for more things going on.