Cades Cove is a must see while you stay with us at the Highland Manor Inn on your vacation. A visit to the Smoky Mountains would not be complete without a trip to Cades Cove. The beautiful valley surrounded by mountains is one of the most popular destinations in the Great Smokies. A visit to Cades Cove provides viewing of white-tailed deer and black bear. Make sure to bring your camera along and follow park rules for the safety of your family and the animals.
- Its a memorable 11-mile, one-way loop road tour that circles the cove. Take your time on the tour but make sure to be courteous of other cyclists and motorists, providing them with the opportunity to sightsee as well.
- The weather in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park is variable which also holds true to Cades Cove. The weather here is very similar to that of Gatlinburg. Most of the rainfall in Cades Cove is during the spring and fall months.
- Summers, can be very hot and dry in Cades Cove, but always prepare for an occasional rainstorm and pack accordingly. Rain is more likely to happen in the afternoon due to thunderhead build up and the tremendous vapor which rises from Cades Cove and other parts of the Smoky Mountains.
- Spring and Summer are a beautiful time in Cades Cove. Witness the bloom of wildflowers and the sunny scenery of nature.
My favorite time of year for sightseeing is in the fall months when the leaves change and the Cades Cove TN weather starts to change from the warm summer to the cooler, fall temperatures.
- If you are planning to visit Cades Cove during the winter months, remember that it snows in Cades Cove each year. The area receives about 20 inches of snow in total throughout the winter season. Of course, many of the roads in the national park are closed during the winter months due to ice and snow, so you’ll want to make sure you check that the Loop Road is open when you visit!
- If you are planning on visiting the Smoky Mountains and Cades Cove in particular make sure to book a room at your home away from home Highland Manor. We’ll see you soon!